Developing the skills and knowledge to problem solve as ‘situations’ arise is key for every climber.
You will compile a toolbox of tricks and techniques to help avoid epics and deal with them should they arise. You’ll leave with slicker ropework and greater confidence in yourself.
We will use crags that have an abundance of good gear placements and belays! A safety rope will always be in use and the instructor will be on hand to talk through and check what you’re doing. It’s actually surprisingly fun as well! Small teams mean we always work at your pace.
During the one-day course, you will cover much of the following…
- Problem avoidance and stance management
- Creating belays with problem avoidance in mind
- Tying off the belay plate
- Escaping the system with anchors both in and out of reach
- Different forms of prusik and their applications
- Effecting simple hoists
- Abseiling down to an injured partner
The two-day course allows time for exploring…
- Using the belay plate in guide mode
- Using prusiks to ascend a rope
- Regaining a traverse if you’ve fallen into space
- Helping a partner regain a traverse if they’ve fallen into space
- Abseiling with an injured partner
Price for your self-rescue skills course…
|days||number of people||total group price|
*The second day runs at a 1:2 instructor to student ratio