Take your indoor climbing skills outside with confidence.
“The weekend far surpassed our expectations and we went home planning our next trip!” Georgie W, June 2018
If you’ve done some indoor climbing (or even loads!), there’s a lot to think about when you decide to venture out to climb under the big blue.
We love climbing indoors – it’s sociable, testing and it can be really fun. But if you want to experience an entirely different level of adventure, a mental challenge, and the total satisfaction to be found at the end of a long summer’s day on the crag, then you just have to learn how to climb safely and efficiently outdoors.
There is no magic pill, you have some work to do!
Having already gained some indoor experience, you will be surprised at how quickly you can progress. Movement techniques, and an understanding of belaying and tying in will allow you to quickly experience some classic rock climbs.
What the course covers…
- Bouldering outdoors – moving on rock
- Sport climbing – getting on the rock and outdoor safety considerations
- Converting your indoor experience to an outdoor environment
- Setting up a simple rope system to belay a climber from both above and below
- Guidebook interpretation and route choice
- Simple problem avoidance tips and solutions
Your weekends will never be the same again! To enquire about putting together a course for you or your climbing wall group please use the form below.
Make life easy by including b&b accommodation in your booking. From £47.50 a night. Just let us know and we’ll reserve a room for you.
Two ways to book…
1. Choose a date from the list of ‘public course dates’ below, join in with other people. These dates will be confirmed as running once at least two people have booked on. Easy.
2. Or the fully flexible option! Fill in a ‘Private booking’ form below to select the exact start date and options to suit. It’ll just be your group with your instructors, so a totally hand crafted experience.
Because we like to keep it personal and safe, the biggest group size is just four.
|Two – five days of professional private instruction||From £250 per day for your group.|