If you’re dreaming of a big wall trip then this is the course for you.
Learn fundamental big walling skills and tricks that will save you hours and days of pain on the wall! It’s also a chance to try out some specialist kit and ask as many questions as you want. If you haven’t yet got a big wall planned then many of the skills covered are very transferable and will make your crag climbing more efficient.
You know when you’re climbing with someone who has spent time gaining big walling skills, there is an urgency for efficiency at every moment and a plethora of time and energy saving tricks. These skills will apply to every climbing day you’ll ever have, on and off the big walls.
The two-day course will cover…
- Stance management – building a big wall belay, faff-free
- The basics of how to aid climb a pitch – cheating for every inch of height gain
- Jumaring – jumaring technique on a vertical pitch (climbing the rope).
We hope to also cover…
- Jumaring – efficient rope climbing technique on different wall angles
- Mixing french free and aid climbing techniques
- Seconding pitches on different wall angles
- Big wall tactics and expedition preparation
- Setting up a portaledge
- Pendulum traverses
- Abseiling with the haul bags
A night on the edge?
Get a real taste for life on the wall by spending a night out on the portaledge. This can be incorporated into your course for the full on experience at an extra cost – get in contact for details.
Sam runs these courses, he has climbed half a dozen big walls in Yosemite, California as well as a wild new route in the Venezuelean jungle!
Bad weather? No problem! We can run these courses at the delectable and crispy dry Indy Climbing Wall. This works really well.
Prices for your bespoke big walling course…
good times + crazy friends = amazing memories
The minimum group size is two so you can share the experience and help each other with belaying. Because we like to keep it personal and safe, the biggest group size is four.
|days||number of people||total group price|