Sport climbing - the perfect stepping stone
The ideal transition to outdoor lead climbing. Find out how to go sport climbing independently and safely, with lots of personal input.
- 2 days
- Max of 4 climbers to 1 instructor
- Start lead climbing
- Open the door to a new world of adventures
- Course notes to support your learning
Indoor climbers wanting to lead outdoors, climbers aiming to lead trad routes, and all the folks who have followed the Climbing Academy progression to this point.
Why you’ll love it…
You’ll go away armed with the knowledge to start leading safely, and even book your first sport climbing trip in the sun!
What to expect
- Well bolted and safe sport climbs
- Tactics – route reading & resting
- Safe clipping and leading
- Sport kit – how to use clipsticks and GriGris
- Stripping a route
- Threading lower offs
Where, when, what to bring, places to stay. Details here.
Your next course…
The next course in the academy progression is back to traditional climbing! Ace. Intro to Multipitch Climbing.
Why book with Gaia Adventures?
- Highly qualified and experienced staff
- Excellent feedback
- We’ll give you all of the heroic looking photos we take of you
- 15% discount at V12 Outdoor and Joe Brown
- We listen to exactly what you want, and strive to deliver more
Two ways to book;
- Book a place on a ‘PUBLIC COURSE’ – join a group of like minded heroes; laughs and friendly, supportive atmosphere guaranteed!
- Make a ‘PRIVATE BOOKING’ – set your own course dates, come by yourself, or with a friend. £250 per day.