Safe ropework for climbers
Focus on nailing the basics to climb outside safely. Learn the essential knots, basics of placing gear, and how to abseil – make sure you’re up to date with modern best practice!
- 2 days
- Max of 6 climbers to 1 instructor
- Basic ropework skills for climbing outside
- Intro to climbing safety systems
- Course notes to support your learning
Anyone starting out, or seasoned climbers in need of a skills update and confidence boost. It’s also ideal training for anyone going through the RCI, or Rock Climbing Instructor Award.
Why you’ll love it…
You’ll leave with a good of understanding of climbing safety systems, gear placement, and belay construction, and should feel ready to rig top ropes by yourself.
What you’ll do…
- Find out what all that expensive kit does
- Place cams, nuts, and hexes
- Make equalised, safe belays
- Tie clove hitches and other knots
- Set up top and bottom ropes
- Rig an abseil and use a prusik
Where, when, what to bring, places to stay. Details here.
Your next course…
Put everything into practice, and climb LOTS on Snowdonia Classic Climbs.
Why book with Gaia Adventures?
- Highly experienced and passionate staff
- Excellent feedback
- We’ll give you all the heroic looking photos we take of you
- 15% discount at V12 Outdoor and Joe Brown
- We listen to exactly what you want, and strive to deliver more
Two ways to book;
- Book a place on a ‘PUBLIC COURSE’ – join a group of like minded heroes; laughs and friendly, supportive atmosphere guaranteed!
- Make a ‘PRIVATE BOOKING’ – set your own course dates, come by yourself, or with a friend. £250 per day.