Learn to move quickly and safely through the mountains
Learn the dark art of mountaineering ropework and moving together. Only British Mountain Guides work on these courses.
- 2 days
- Max of 3 climbers to 1 instructor
- Coaching from an IFMGA Mountain Guide
- Alpine rope techniques and belays
- Decision making in challenging terrain
Confident and experienced lead climbers who want to apply their rock climbing knowledge to mountaineering, and take on some big mountain adventures.
Why you’ll love it…
You’ll be taught by a British Mountain Guide, which means you be trained by someone who spends the majority of their time in this terrain. This is very important to us, as these courses are potentially the most serious we run.
What to expect
- Decision making and route finding
- Dynamic risk assessment
- Knowing when it’s safer to solo
- Taking coils and tying them off
- Moving together – pros and cons
- Waist belays
- Direct belays
Where, when, what to bring, places to stay. Details here.
Your next course…
Why book with Gaia Adventures?
- Highly qualified and experienced staff
- Excellent customer feedback
- We’ll give you all of the heroic looking photos we take of you
- 15% discount at V12 Outdoor and Joe Brown
- We listen to exactly what you want, and strive to deliver more
Two ways to book;
- Book a place on a ‘PUBLIC COURSE’ – join a group of like minded heroes; laughs and friendly, supportive atmosphere guaranteed!
- Make a ‘PRIVATE BOOKING’ – set your own course dates, come by yourself, or with a friend. £250 per day.