Keep it cosy, keep it light!
If you have any remaining questions about what you should bring with you after reading this, then just drop us an email.
Booking a course with us gives you a 15% discount code to use at V12 Outdoor
or Joe Brown’s
. They’re excellent shops. It’ll work in-store or online.
For those of you sleeping on the ledge, you’ll need…
- Large rucksack – approximately 50 litres
- Warm sleeping bag – 3 season
- Good headtorch with working batteries
- Waterproof bivvy bag
- Toothbrush & paste
- Your best ghost stories!
We can lend you a rucksack, headtorch, and bivvy bag – please just let us know in advance. We can also arrange sleeping bags to hire on your behalf if you don’t have one.
General clothing and kit you should bring with you
- Warm and comfy outdoor clothes / sportswear that are nice to climb in and quick to dry. Cotton jumpers or jeans are best avoided. We’ll normally be wearing a wicking base layer, light fleece, warmer jacket, and walking trousers.
- Warm hat & gloves
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Trainers or walking boots / shoes
- Small personal first aid kit with any personal medication
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- 1 litre of water
- Your favourite snacks
If you’re a climber and have any of the kit below, then feel free to bring it…
- Rock boots
- Chalk bag
- Climbing harness
- Belay device