- Have a decent breakfast, and be disciplined – eat and drink throughout the day
- Once you’ve done the bulk of your ascent, and things are about to ease off physically, remove your chest base layer – it’s probably wet with sweat. Replace it with a dry layer, and then put your other layers back on. This is amazing!
- Use a buff / neck gaiter to keep your neck warm – it’s easy to lose lots of heat here. Warm layers with hoods are great for this.
- Keep your wrists warm – be as disciplined as you can, and pull your sleeves down. Once your gloves are on, pull your waterproof’s sleeves over the top of the gloves’ cuffs, and tighten the sleeves.
- Wear goggles and pull your hoods up. Aim to have only a tiny proportion of your nose poking out.
Have a brilliant winter! Thanks for reading, Sam and Will.